Arash Homampour is widely regarded as one of the best trial lawyers of our time. He exclusively represents individuals in cases involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths, consistently achieving victories in cases others deem impossible to win. As the founder of The Homampour Law Firm, he has established its reputation as one of California’s premier trial firms, focusing on outlier results by taking a limited number of cases at a time.
A child of immigrants and a self-made professional who financed his own undergraduate (U.S.C.) and law school (Southwestern) educations, he worked full-time virtually for a solo practitioner while attending law school. Starting his law firm with no mentor, money, or cases, Arash’s story is one of the American dream with unwavering commitment and hard work, going from handling minor traffic cases to becoming a titan in the field of catastrophic injury/death litigation. Today, his firm has obtained over $1 billion for clients. Notable recent cases include:
– $100 million verdict/judgment in a highly complex medical causation/negligence case against a large hotel for failing to timely seek medical attention for a guest.
– $65.75 million settlement in motor vehicle incident
– $61 million product liability verdict against Sunbeam for defective design of a space heater.
– $38 million groundbreaking settlement with LADWP leading to a complete overhaul of their power pole inspection program.
– $36.25 million wrongful death verdict won for a family after their adult son’s fatal motorcycle accident, debunking the bias that some lives are less valued in legal disputes.
– $33.85 million wrongful death verdict in San Bernardino for daughters of an alleged homeless and drug-addicted man against the City of Victorville.
– $23.75 million settlement against the City of San Diego after establishing liability at trial in a dangerous public roadway case involving a speeding motorist going the wrong way while impaired and then striking a bicyclist, resulting in paralysis
The Homampour Law Firm also handles appellate work and has successfully argued before the California Supreme Court.
Arash Homampour consistently ranks among the top 10 attorneys on Super Lawyer’s Southern California list. He is acclaimed as a Legal Visionary by the LA Times, a Daily Journal Top 100 Lawyer, and recognized for securing one of the 10 Most Impressive Plaintiff Verdicts of 2022 by the Courtroom View Network. Law360° identifies him as one of the 10 Titans of the Plaintiff’s Bar, and he has received CAALA’s Ted Horn Memorial Award, presented to the lawyer who has provided outstanding service to the Association and the legal community. Moreover, he has been honored as the Trial Attorney of the Year by the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, and the Venture County Trial Lawyers Association. Arash contributes regularly to The Los Angeles Daily Journal, Law 360, Forbes, and Entrepreneur Magazine.
Arash is dedicated to making society a better place, not only through his work but also by giving back to the public through his nonprofit, There Is A Light, which gives financial assistance and grants to individuals to help get them to the next level in their lives. He routinely speaks to and mentors lawyers and law students on how to be the best lawyer by being the best human with the core belief that if you have success or abundance in any area, you must share it with others.