Easy Steps for Clothing Donations
- Prepare the clothing. Folded in bags or on hangers. Clothes The Deal appreciates the clothing in a condition ready to wear. No dirty laundry, pet hair, etc.
- Professional attire only. Shirts/blouses, slacks/skirts, jackets, vests, dresses, shoes, and accessories (brief cases, belts, ties, handbags, jewelry, etc.). Anything you would wear to a job interview.
- Drop off the donations at the event. Clothes The Deal will have volunteers ready to assist you at the valet for the event.
- Tax receipts will be available upon drop off. Tax receipts may also be emailed. Donors must value donation themselves. Tax deductions of more than $500 & $5,000 require special preparation to be able to obtain the deductions. If your donation is more than $500, please refer to IRS guidelines.
- Clothes The Deal will pick up donations when the collection period ends.
Clothes The Deal assists low-income individuals, empowering them to gain and sustain employment, and achieve economic independence through employment.
Clothes The Deal provides business attire and job preparation workshops to low-income job seekers. The majority of clients are referred from partnering nonprofits that provide intensive vocational and employment training programs.
Questions please call (562) 922-8635 or visit www.clothesthedeal.org