Create Valentines for LA Mission and Hope of the Valley
January 28, 2022
While in-person events are still “on hold,” you can still share some TLC from LATLC for Valentine’s Day. Draw a colorful Valentine, scan and email it to [email protected]. We will create personalized cards to residents of Skid Row’s L.A. Mission as well as the children in Hope of the Valley’s transitional housing. We ask that the drawings are sent BEFORE JANUARY 28 so we can add them to bags of candy, masks, and gifts.
It is very easy to participate – and please feel free to include children in this project:
- Take a WHITE PIECE OF PAPER;
- Write a Valentine’s Day note – use SHARPIES and be as colorful as you want.
- Write it in the MIDDLE of the page, no more than 6 x 8 inches total size – lots of “white space” around your note. Vertical or horizontal works;
- Take photos of you and others writing notes. We want to use them on social media and on our website!
- Scan and email it to [email protected], along with your photos NO LATER THAN JANUARY 28.
- We will print them on LATLC cards and then stuff them in the party bags with candy, heart toys, and masks for the residents;
- Make as MANY of these as you want.
WHO THEY ARE:
The Los Angeles Mission exists to provide help, hope and opportunity to men, women and children in need. The Los Angeles Mission was founded in 1936, and has been providing the Homeless with Shelter, Food & Recovery Programs ever since.
Hope of the Valley, one of our new partner charities. Their mission is to prevent, reduce and eliminate poverty, hunger and homelessness. They do this by offering immediate assistance and long-term solutions.
TO LEARN MORE: https://www.hopeofthevalley.org/ and https://losangelesmission.org/
TO SIGN UP: https://www.latlc.org/volunteer-events/
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Call 844-44-LATLC or email [email protected]